Linda Constant Robinson has been invited by the Frederick Art Club to participate in the 120th year Anniversary Exhibition at the Delaplaine Art Visual Arts Center in Frederick, September 9-30. Three works: Amaryllis II, Mid-Life, and Red Hot Mamma will be on exhibition with other Art Club member’s works.
The Frederick Art Club was organized in August of 1897 and is one of the oldest art clubs in the country. Originally started by a handful of plein air artists, this organization grew to include artists, philanthropists and dedicated citizens who contributed to patriotic as well as artistic efforts. Some of the organizations that members participated in and contributed to were The Frederick Arts Council, The Weinberg Center for the Arts, The Maryland Ensemble Theatre, The Delaplaine Visual Arts Center, and the Historical Society of Frederick County( Heritage Frederick) among others and including the restoration of the James Pearl paintings which hang in the Frederick City Government Annex.